Friday, May 18, 2018

A little nonsense

Part of the fun of having toys is being able to play with them. For me, that usually takes the form (at least with dolls) of changing their clothes and posing them. I was looking at my Re-Ment stuff the other day and realized it's *almost* Barbie-scale.

So, of course, my four "girls" needed to have a snack break:

all four

Some close ups:

Gabby with icecream (with mochi balls on the cone!)

Gabby ice cream

Rapunzel has a donut, Cinnamon coffee and a bagel:

Rapunzel and Cinnamon


But my favorite one is this:
Wonder Woman bear claw

Wonder Woman with a bear claw (and a cup of either coffee or tea). Because even defenders of humanity need a coffee break. (It cracks me up because the Gal Godot sculpt looks so serious, even stern, and putting the silly pastry in her hand is a funny juxtaposition. Well, funny to me...)

I do also play with my Ponies (mostly: arranging them in family groups and carefully combing their hair) and also the stuffed toys stay on my bed with me.

It's really a pity that adults are expected to give up these kinds of toys; I'd argue in some ways we need them more than the kids do.

No comments: