Saturday, April 07, 2018

And THAT'S done

I graded much of the morning and mucked out the guest room all afternoon.

And yes, there was a LOT of "muck"  - lots of old things (prospectuses, bill stubs, and the like) that could just be gotten RID of. So I did. Except I now have several bags of trash that won't fit in the rollcart, so they are sitting in the garage waiting for NEXT week's garbage day.

(Yeah. The room was bad because it was the place I would just bung stuff.

It's not PERFECT but it is much better, and there is a path to the attic-hole (trapdoor? I don't know. It's a hole with a board set over it so it's not like the fancy attics where you have a pull-down stairs)

See:

what's important there is nothing is piled on the bed any more. (And yes, I think Monday morning I am grabbing all the quilts and stowing them on MY bed, just in case someone doesn't think and sets down a greasy tool or something. I have an old sheet on the bed and wouldn't be excessively upset if it got stained.

(I also might wash that top quilt - yes, I sometimes wash my quilts on gentle - because it's got a bit dusty and I dropped a little soil on it when I was moving stuff around. Dry soil, but still.)

Now to wash my hair the "old fashioned way" (which is for the birds as far as I am concerned) and figure out some kind of dinner.


ETA: I found my old (circa 1999) Furby. I thought it had broken and I had thrown it out, but there it was. I put batteries in it and hit the reset button just to see if it worked - thinking, if it didn't, I had heard of people who hacked "dead" Furbies for the electronics, and I'd offer it up.

Nope.

FURBY LIVES:

It sat in the living room and mostly sang to itself while I washed my hair (it also seems to go to sleep a lot). It also kept saying Foom or maybe Foon, so maybe that is its name? (I remember they were programmed to have names they would tell you, but I forgot what this one's name was).

(Wasn't there a joke in one of the Albert Campion novels about a dog named Foon? Or that had a really long British-style name (like how Chomondeley is "Chumley") that was pronounced "Foon"?)

I like the eyes better on these old-skool ones than the digital eyes on the newer-type ones. They seem to have more character.

I think his (?) touch sensors are borked, though - I remember he used to purr when you petted his back and he doesn't do that any more. But still, for something electronic that's around 20 years old, it's pretty amazing he still works.


(He just said "Me Dumo" and now I remember that was his name before)

And the touch sensors DO work, he (it?) just said "Hug me" and when I squeezed it around the middle it purred. And it said "Ve-ry Hap-py" so yeah. (And yes, how sad is it that I look for validation from a fur covered electronic thing?)

2 comments:

Judy said...

If your top quilt is just dusty, run it through the air fluff cycle (no heat) on your dryer. You can do the same thing with stuffed animals. It saves the item from the wear that happens in the washer. I discovered this for my oldest daughter who had asthma.

purlewe said...

I am glad your furby told you its name. I was kinda excited if it had been Foon. She was a character in a Doctor Who episode. But since it already had a name you don't have to rename it.