Friday, March 02, 2018

I was right.

I extensively cleaned house (well, my own bedroom isn't perfect yet, and my office is kind of half-cleaned, but the "public" rooms are all clean, and the laundry is all done).

I feel MUCH better now. Part of it is purposeful activity, part of it is the idea that if someone "just drops by" I don't have to stand in the front door and block any possible entry to the house, part of it is that the house is just nicer when it's clean.

I'm going to go put away laundry and maybe change the sheets on the bed. It's not quite time yet but I have clean sheets so....

And tomorrow is Whitesboro. (I got cash to spend. Heh. I always think of the line from "The Blues Brothers" - "There's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Well, my tank is 3/4 full (and I might top it off before leaving town) and I don't smoke, and if I wear sunglasses tomorrow it will be to protect my eyes from the sun. And it's only about 50 miles to Whitesboro. But I have cash, I have gas, I have time....and that's what I really need).

No comments: