Saturday, February 24, 2018

Oh no,, no

Okay. Everything has changed.

I just got an e-mail: a Prayer Gram.

These are almost never good.

A person from my church- -someone who was very active, did a lot, someone I regarded as a very good friend - died suddenly today. (He was about 10 years older than I was. He had had the flu, but I thought he was well over it)

I am....just gobsmacked. In disbelief. It's horrifying.

I can't even be upset about the volunteer-effort stuff any more....I'm just speechless. I feel really really sad because he was an exceptionally nice person and he will leave a big hole.

He was joyful in the way I only wish I could be. He was what I think of in my mind as the "good kind" of extrovert - always friendly, always welcoming, making people feel good. He played "Santa" at the Christmas party and made me blush furiously (and I hate blushing) with a gag about whether I'd been naughty or nice....I just can't believe it.

Church is gonna be HARD tomorrow.

1 comment:

purlewe said...

I am so sorry for your loss, and your churches loss. Bc people like that are really the glue in some places.