Sunday, November 19, 2017

Christmas knitting done

I finished the gift-exchange hat today:

gift hat ii

This is an older yarn, but it is nicer (nicer fibers and colors) than the all-acrylic one I had thought of using. It's Filatura di Crosa "Sempre," and I've had it for at least 10 years. (I bought five or six balls on closeout for a scarf that will probably never get made.)

The ball was 95 meters, and it took almost every bit - that yarn on the chair under the hat is what was left over at the end of kitchenering.

So now I can shift over to my own projects for the rest of the time.

I also added a few more decorations:

A garland over the window:

window garland

Ive had this a couple years.  It used to go on the mantel but now that Ponyville is there pretty much permanently, I decided to hang it up over the window instead. 

wreath

And a wreath. On my bathroom door. As you do.

(Well really: I bought it on a good sale and I REALLY liked it - it's one that lights up, it has a battery pack and a timer - and figured I'd just chance if it was thin enough to go between my front door and the screen door. It isn't, so I put it up on the bathroom instead. But with the timer on, it stays lit past my bedtime so for at least the first part of the night, serves as a nightlight if I go to the bathroom after bed....)

I'm almost packed. I do still have to get the toiletries and a couple other items in or two. Am probably going to cancel my office hours tomorrow so I can get home a bit early and take care of the few last things.

I have three vintage British mysteries and a book on Churchill. And two pairs of socks - one already underway, the other to be cast on. I expect that will be enough to keep me busy even if I wind up having to sit somewhere for a while.

No comments: