Friday, September 22, 2017

the weekend begins

Well, FSVO "weekend" - I need to read that thesis, and I should do a bit of supplemental reading for Policy and Law, and I have a bit of grading.

But I have decided to (a) run home and eat (it will be faster and more healthful than what I can get "out") and then run to Sherman to do my shopping. I have something to make for the potluck Sunday; am thinking of doing cheesy grits because most people seem to like them and **I** like them.

I feel cheerfuller knowing I am going to get out of here for a little bit this afternoon, and that I will be able to replace some of the things I like but cannot find locally.


****

Edited to add: I guess I'm glad I went. Traffic was pretty horrendous and there were a few people who did some really boneheaded moves on the road. (Also, I had to check - lots and lots of cars with little flags that I thought were OU flags headed south, but it's not OU/Texas weekend, so I don't know).

The stores were less crowded, though, so that was the tradeoff. I was able to get all the necessaries in good time. I also got a couple of "treats" - because a person needs little treats now and then, I think, to keep on going. I got more of the bath fizzies I like, and some rose-scented body lotion on the thought that eventually it WON'T be 80% humidity out there and I'll have to moisturize.

And lots of food that I needed, including a bag of not-too-high-in-sodium frozen french fries, so I plan to make chili cheese fries for dinner tonight.

I spent a fair amount of time in the toy aisles at Target. Part of it is I just needed something like that as relaxation - yes, I find looking at toys I COULD buy relaxing, or just contemplating the new things on the shelf. (No Orange Blossom, but maybe once we get closer to Christmas? I hope?)

I did look all over for her, the whole section.

They did have a few stuffed animals of Songbird Serenade (the character Sia voices in the new Pony movie), but they....weren't that cute (the nose was shaped funny) and also, as I said, the fact that it's an unknown character might mean I wind up disliking her. So I had about given up on that kind of a "treat" and figured I would just consider the bath fizzies as that. Then I saw this:

CLAWHAUSER!!!!!

They had a whole bunch of semi-"flatsy" toys (they are more like small pillows, even though Clawhauser has separate arms) of the various Zootopia characters. I already have a big Judy Hopps and Clawhauser is my second favorite character from the movie. And this is really SUPER cute and nicely designed - and very cuddly, and I can imagine Clawhauser would probably secretly like for people to hug him. (And the toy is such that it could stand in for a pillow in an emergency, or I could tuck him behind my head when I read in bed to prop my head up a little more.

Also, I find that my Folio Society order has arrived, which is surprisingly fast (they come from the UK and on the website they say to allow a month - I am sure this is less than that). 

No comments: