Saturday, September 16, 2017

a little surprise

A month or so ago, I got an ad from Doki Doki crate offering a Studio Ghilbi themed Bento Box to the first 100 or so people who went from a monthly subscription to a 3-month one. It also saves a little money to do it that way, if you're going to keep up the subscription. (The recent boxes have been so good I want to keep getting them, and anyway, I need that little fun surprise every month).

I heard back about my order being accepted, but forgot about the Bento box. Well, there was a box from Doki Doki in the mail....and there it was. It's Kiki's Delivery Service and it's super-cute, because it's shaped like a house:

It takes apart and there are a couple of trays in there:

I don't carry quite as much of a diversity of stuff in my lunch any more (no hard crunchy things because of my bad teeth) but I could use this to carry a little bit of cheese or some not-too-juicy fruit.

There's also a little triangular box that I couldn't figure out at first (it has a cutout in it you can push through) but I'm guessing it's an onigiri mold because it's shaped like onigiri. I've never made them, but....hm. Maybe if I could find the right kind of rice some time. That would make a nice addition to my lunches sometimes.


1 comment:

purlewe said...

I was curious to see what exactly makes onigiri rice different. I think any asian rice might do. (I love CalRose rice, which I can get at any grocery store here, but I know that isn't the same there) So I found this recipe and thought I would share it with you. Sounds like any basic amount of leftover meat could be the filling? https://www.japancentre.com/en/recipes/14-onigiri-rice-balls