Thursday, April 06, 2017

Roger did it

Roger did this "facebook meme" in a moment of lacking posts or comments on posts. And I'm procrastinating (I have to count the money from the Children's Play box-office take and prepare to deposit it in the AAUW account tomorrow, but I'm tired and don't want to right now)

So I'm doing it, too. Questions are bold, answers are in italic. (SORRY BLOGGER IS BEING A BUTT ABOUT THIS RN)


Learn 40 things about your friends and let them learn 40 things about you.
1. Do you like blue cheese? I am probably allergic to it (the fungus used in making it) so I won't eat it. Anyway, it grosses me out as a concept


2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? Never in my life.

 
3. Do you own a gun: I think maybe it's wisest for me not to answer; I don't know y'all and don't know if any of you are home-invaders.

4. What flavor Kool-Aid? The red kind, but I haven't drunk it in years and right now Red 40 is not my friend, so, never again...

5. What do you think of hot dogs?  I generally used to like all-beef, can't eat 'em any more.

6. Hamburgers? I can take them or leave them. If I have ground beef I will more likely make meatballs.
 
7. What is your favorite movie? It's hard to decide. I don't know. Probably some kids' movie like My Neighbor Totoro.
 
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I used to drink orange juice until I started worrying about sugar. Now I drink a small glass of skim milk to take all my vitamins and junk
 
9. Can you do a push-up? Yes, and not just the "girl kind" either.
 
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Probably my St. Julian of Norwich quotation pendant

11. What is your favorite hobby? What did I start the blog to talk about? But I feel like I hardly do it any more...

12. Do you have ADD? Sometimes I wonder. Never have been diagnosed. I do some days feel like I have a deficit of attention, but I mean that in the sense of a deficit of attention being paid to me.
 
13. Do you wear glasses? Since I was 13; went to progressive lenses 2 years ago.
 
14. What was your childhood favorite TV show? The Muppet Show
 
15. Name your current thought? I have to get to counting those bills

16. Current worries? How much time do you have? I can come up with an alphabetical list or a ranked list, whichever you want.
 
17. Name three things you did today See previous post: I caught an egregious case of Entitlement Syndrome, I taught a lab all by myself, I got solicited by a predatory conference.
 
18. Current hate? I try not to hate but right now the bad dreams I'm having would probably qualify...I know what's causing them (stress about the new class prep for the fall) but that doesn't prevent me from having them.
 
19. Favorite place to be? At home.
 
20. How did you bring in the New Year? I don't even remember. I was probably shopping for groceries and cooking for my parents - my mom was still down after her fall on the ice.

21. Where would you like to go? Somewhere where everyone knows my name and is happy to see me
 
22. Name three drinks you drink regularly. Hot tea, milk, water
 
23. Do you own slippers? three or four pairs but right now it's too hot for them
 
24. What color is your shirt? I'm wearing a dress right now - white with an abstract black pattern
 
25. Do you like sleeping in satin sheets? I'd think they'd be *awfully* warm and sweaty. I like cotton.

26. Can you whistle? Not very well. I wish I could do that piercing "coach" whistle to call people in when we're out in the field. 
 
27. Where are you now? Sitting in my recliner
 
28. Would you be a pirate? Don't make me go off on my rant about how terrorists will be the "fun cuddly pirates" of the 24th century - if humanity lasts that long. So: No.
 
29. Favorite food? currently? cheese grits
 
30. How many different states have you lived in? WV, OH, MI, IL, OK - in chronological order.

31. Do you have a passport? No, and I really should get one. Especially if Texit ever happens....
 
32. What’s in your pocket? I'm a woman wearing a dress. What pockets?
 
33. Last thing/person that made you laugh? a tweet that a friend posted.
 
34. What’s your favorite animal? Cats, but horses/ponies have become a close second. 
 
35. What’s your most recent injury? Twisted my left ankle hopping out of a 15 passenger van. They should equip us shorties with parachutes for those.

36. How many TVs in your house? One.
 
37. Worst pain? Toss up between migraine and when I had a gall-bladder attack as a teenager
 
38. Do you like to dance? If I were good at it I would like to.
 
39. Are your parents still alive? Yes, thank goodness, both of them.

40. Do you like camping? I think of Jackie Mason's old bit about "his people" wandering in the desert 40 years, and that was why he didn't camp. I would transpose it to my "Irish ancestors who were shepherds" except I don't think my Irish ancestors actually WERE. At any rate: no. I would camp in a cabin that had a bathroom but I draw the line at peeing in the woods or even having to walk to a wash-house in the middle of the night if I need a loo.

No comments: