Wednesday, July 13, 2016

searching for better

Well, no progress on someone permanent but it sounds like we may have at least a few more months of stability, so that's a relief.

I will say I *almost* started to tear up reading the little piece on Mr. Rogers and his "look for the helpers" thing, but managed to keep it together. (Hm. Must look at the calendar, I seem to remember feeling very much on the edge of tears about this time last month and that might mean it's predictable and not me losing my stuff).

And I did do a lot of necessary things today, especially that paperwork, and it turns out except for lacking one signature from my chair (which she can do when she is over at that office next), it was done correctly. So in August I should be able to start my next big research thing.

And despite my feeling I kind of phoned it in a little, the stuff for next week is ready.

And looking for more good things....neighbors of my parents lost their indoor cat, he ran out when something happened and the door was opened and he got scared. They canvassed the neighborhood looking for him (my mom said the woman had her tween son with her and he seemed really sad the cat was missing) and it turns out when they went to the nursing home near them to show a photo of the cat and ask people to BOLO for him, there he was! Apparently he was either wandering the grounds or perhaps even walked in an open door, and they were keeping him at the front desk, figuring he had to be someone's pet. So that story had a happy ending.

I dunno. I'm a sucker for a "lost pet reunited with its family" story.

I may wind off the skein of yarn Purlewe (hiiii!) sent me and take it with the hat pattern I printed off and the right-sized circular needle as an alternate project in case I finish the simple socks and the mitts. (I may take the socks with me to the meeting for break times. I won't knit when someone is speaking because that can be construed as disrespectful, but at scientific conferences there is an awful lot of sitting around doing nothing between sessions and such).

I do need to finish the Party Cannon socks; I am within about 12 rows of finishing the toe.


1 comment:

Purlewe said...

Pooh I hope you get to the sparkly stuff!! Safe travels and have fun!