Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Verily, it's Cheerilee....

It was a push and I wondered if I would get her done before I need to leave town this afternoon, but I managed it:

Cheerilee face


This is Cheerilee, from the Nerdy Knitter pattern. One of my Ravelry friends bought it for me for my birthday LAST year, and it took me this long to get to her.

I used a hook one size smaller than recommended so she came out (probably) a bit smaller, I had to freehand the eyes and the "cutie mark" rather than using the provided patterns.

And oh, the cutie mark. This was one of the more annoying ones to make:

cutie mark

Three little flowers, with centers and with individual petals needing to be sewn down. (Yes, I know, I could glue them, but glue makes the felt stiff and also sometimes it tends to let loose later on. I prefer to sew). The "cartoon" Cheerilee's flowers have little smiling faces but I didn't feel like making faces on these little flowers.

(Cheerilee is one of those ponies that has been around for multiple generations. I know she was in G3 - I believe she was Scootaloo's older sister there, though that relationship has not been kept for G4. Also, in the comic series at least, Cheerilee has a twin sister named Cherry Blossom)

The finished Cheerilee has much more elaborate hair and tail than the other ponies I've made, and this took a lot of time to do.

She's just a bit bigger than the ponies I've made off the Elisabeth Doherty pattern, a comparison of her and Princess Luna is here:

size comparison

Her legs are longer and her neck, especially is longer. And her muzzle is shorter so she has a slightly different look.

And, for all the "shippers" out there who never got over "Hearts and Hooves Day," here she is with Big Mac, even if I will continue to insist the OTP is Big Mac and Fluttershy:

Cheerilee and Mac

And now I have to check to see if my train is anywhere close to on time.

(Edited to add: SERVICE DISRUPTION. Oh noes. Except, it turns out when I called, the disruption happens between San Antonio and Fort Worth, and when I get on things should be fine - they are "turning" the train in Fort Worth but busing people from San Antonio and related stops. So the expectation is everything will be fine for me, and the train will likely be on time. Apparently there was a minor derailment on the "down" train (which becomes the "up" train) and it took them very long to get it sorted, so rather than just having cascading lateness, they decided to bus everyone and take the train to Fort Worth, which is where I presume they "refit" and restock it)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Милые и забавные!