Monday, May 09, 2016

tornado weather again

Big horrible one off by Wynnewood. (Which I now cannot spell right because I've headcanoned it into my version of Equestria as "Whinnywood" - it's where my OCs Folio and Scholastica live; Folio is the librarian and Scholastica is a researcher/museum docent).

Anyway, they called one for my county out of an excess of caution, so I grabbed my tornado kit (several heavy quilts and pillows for protection if it becomes necessary, a flashlight, a battery operated radio, heavy shoes, my purse....and also what favorite Ponies and other items I can grab quickly.

Say hi, Dr. Whooves:






Yeah. Really not a fan of tornado weather AT ALL.

I'm hoping if this keeps up someone calls me to let me know if CWF is cancelled. I did garage my car for safety in case of hail but could take it back out if the bad stuff passes.


Edited to add: there were tornadoes north and west of here but we didn't actually get any bad weather. CWF was cancelled and I took (most of) the stuff out of the bathroom. Hopefully this is the end of this for a while.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I'm puzzled by your going to the bathroom to shelter. I've read of others doing the same thing. Why is this? Is it because there is no window in that room?