Sunday, February 07, 2016

Finished a thing

I'm taking part in an online swap. There was a nice, detailed questionnaire, and one of the things my swap-recipient liked was a small item that would fit nicely in a small bag. So I found an online dice-bag pattern and knitted one:

finished bag

It's knit of sockyarn. I used the scraps from the cowl I made as the AAUW Christmas gift for the gift exchange. The pattern does have a couple of small errors I had to figure out. It has a little yarn-over design on it.

Here it is filled:

filled bag

(I'm being purposely vague. I don't THINK my swap-partner reads the blog but this way she won't likely guess, even if she sees it, if I don't say what's in it.)

I also baked a cake. This is a maraschino-cherry cake, using my mother's recipe. It's otherwise a simple white cake. I need to frost it yet, I'm going to use a cream-cheese frosting.

cherry cake

I don't bake very often; part of it is that it's hard to use up even an 8" square cake while it's till good. But I admit I sort of miss cake sometimes.


I also found out some good news today - my friend has been moved out of the hospital and to a rehab center where she will hopefully put on some weight and regain her strength.

No comments: