Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Little finished item

One of my friends on Ravelry is doing a hat and mitten drive for a low-income area near her. A bunch of us volunteered to do stuff.

I didn't get as many things made as I had hoped, but here's one more item done:

slipped stitch hat

It's a slipped-stitch hat. It's the Skipper's Watch hat pattern, free from KnitPicks. It's designed for sportweight yarn so I used some old Socka 6-ply I had on hand - because Socka is washable and the colors are bright.

The slipped stitches sort of interrupted the patterning but I still think the hat looks fine. I will say it took a LONG time to knit because the fabric grows slowly but hopefully that means it will be warm for whoever gets it.

(And I'm all packed and ready. Just a few more hours.... I did wind up writing a few "embargoed" posts for while I'm gone)

No comments: