Monday, July 13, 2015

Bad old joke

"What do you call a deer with no eyes?"

"No i-deer."

"What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs?"

"Still no i-deer."

(The things that made us laugh when we were 12. There are some even more horrible jokes involving blenders and frogs and such).

Anyway. I thought of this today because:


















That's Dr. Whooves with his head attached to his body. I have three of the four legs done, so he's getting close to done.


Otherwise, not the most wonderful day. Interpersonal junk to deal with, one very needy person in particular. And then the new episode of Gravity Falls, which I was looking forward to, I couldn't watch it because my stupid cable company randomly had a few channels (well, close to 1/3 of them) drop out tonight. I called (and waited on the phone forever while they played the same guitar riff over and over again and repeatedly told me I could log on online and pay my bills and such) and was finally told, "Oh, it's been called in, they're working on it." (The channels are still not back. I'm wondering, as we were due to lose HD Net Movies and AXS, if someone fat-fingered the wrong thing and dumped a bunch of the active channels.) And it's crazy hot - the air conditioning is set on 76 and it's run steadily since I've been home to try to keep up. And my neighbors to the south have some loud thumpy bass thing going that I can hear in my living room through the walls and closed windows and over both of our air conditioning units. If I could hear it in my bedroom I'd be knocking on their door, but luckily I can't.

No comments: