Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Semester winding down

I taught my two last lectures (well, until June 1 or so) yesterday. Had my last batch of presentations in one class today. (I'm gonna miss this class. They were more diligent and involved than the cohorts I've had in this class for a few years. I am not sure if the fact that I had a critical mass of non-trad students in the class had anything to do with it or not....also the class was a bit smaller, and I find once you drop below the threshold of 17 people or so, it seems much harder for an individual to "hide" and it also seems that "fool" behavior stands out even more. And anyway, with this group, there would have been several people who would have been strongly disapproving of "fool" behavior, and I find that student disapproval has a stronger effect on other students than MY disapproval does. Sad but true.)

Tomorrow, I give two exams. No afternoon lab, that class is done (and I'm gonna miss that group - it was the lab for my intro class, and while I only had one person in common with my lecture group, the lab group was a good and fun group). Friday I do a final exam review in my one class.

Next week is finals. I wrote both my finals yesterday and today (my third class gets a 'common' final I don't have to write).

All this means that if I'm diligent tomorrow and grade, I can relax Friday afternoon, Saturday, AND Sunday.

No, I'm not going shopping, not other than to run out locally for more milk or maybe a bag of salad. I just want to stay close to home and get caught up on my knitting (and my sleep, and on cartoons). I might splurge and get carry out from Roma's one night for dinner. Or I might make a pizza, I have a can of lower-sodium Muir Glen sauce I found and all it would take would be overcoming the inertia involved in making the crust...

I'm still kind of in "I can't believe this semester is over" mode. The week after finals I will be here working on stuff - I have a commitment on the 16th of May (something I was kind of press-ganged into, but whatever) but at least it'll let me get in gear for the summer classes. (And then after that, an almost-two-week break to visit family.)

I just have a few grades to enter, then it's home uncommonly early - so I can finish my piano practice and do a workout (yet again, I woke up slightly before four and was like, "no. I just can't. No." and decided to go back to sleep but do the workout in the afternoon)

No comments: