Thursday, March 12, 2015

one tiny thing

I was gonna post this, but the events of yesterday made me forget it until now.

The campus police office (and our campus police really are good, every time I've had to work with them it's been positive) apparently won something at a local ag expo

And now they have a statue of a pig (about 1/4 life-sized) standing out in the entryway of their building.

Yes. A pig. At the campus cops. I'm just old enough to find that really funny and also wonder if any of the campus police were slightly offended by it.

Apparently not, because they had it on display where everyone could see it. And it was painted black, with a decal of the campus police logo on it.

I don't know. Maybe this falls under "reclaiming a term so it loses its offensiveness"?

No comments: