Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Well, that's done

First two (of four) tables for the manuscript prepared. And I had tweeted that I "liked" tables because they required little brainwork but were getting useful stuff done. Er. That was before I noticed a mistake in my data entry (for analysis) and had to go back, correct the data, re-analyze (no, nothing changed) and then do ALLLLLLL the conversions needed for a scientific journal (National Climate Data Center, Y U NO USE METRIC?)

fortunately there is an online calculator that does it automatically (I'm better at inches to centimeters than I am Fahrenheit to Celsius, but still). But at one point, I had three windows open: the NCDC page to verify my data, the calculator, and the table I was building.

Ugh, I think that's enough of a day's work for today. I'm going to see if I have the energy to do the workout I didn't want to get up to do this morning. If I can do it, then I can take tomorrow as my "off" day for the week and know I don't have to set the alarm for what is an ungodly time even for me.

No comments: