Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Spring is coming

I can tell you all it is.

Because ALL the boom-car loving Yahoos in my town have got their boom cars out of storage and were driving around inundating all the rest of us with their (poor, IMHO) music choices.

There was one guy in particular who had removed (whether by design or accident, I know not) the hood of the car - so the engine noise was extra- amplified. I suspect it was by design because he seemed to delight in driving down my street, making the house windows rattle and small branches fall off the trees.

(Edited to add: after a bit of online research, I suspect the hoodless car was modified to be so. With special engine/carburetor [it was an older model, I think, Camaro?] modifications to be EXTRA LOUD. Makes me wonder what the guy driving it is lacking personally that makes him need something like that....)

I can't be TOO churlish about boom cars during daylight hours (though I question whether it's legal not to have a hood on your car; that seems dangerous to bystanders, or certainly in an accident situation), but I WILL complain if said Yahoos are still driving around during normal-people's sleeping hours.

It wasn't even all that warm today.

(I wonder how they'd react to a souped-up boom car playing, I don't know, the Flower Duet from Lakmé, or "Je ne regrette rien," or some old piece of Dixieland jazz.)

1 comment:

Chris Laning said...

Delightful to contemplate blasting them back, yes ;)

My sympathies. They don't tend to do it in my neighborhood, but I know exactly what you mean.

(ironically) The flowers that bloom in the spring, tra-la?