Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday morning stuff

* Local news story: someone here in town had their house damaged by a pickup truck. (In fact, it hit the homeowner's bedroom - he's probably going to be okay but is in the hospital). The truck that hit the house - and it looks like it had to run up quite a distance on the lawn - had a bumper sticker that showed up on the footage.

The bumper sticker said "I wanna go FAST"

They noted that speed likely was a factor in the crash.


* It's bizarre to watch the coverage of the blizzard in New England and have nearly 70 degree weather here. (It feels unnatural. I grew up in Northeastern Ohio and I still remember the 1977 blizzard and the 1978 blizzard/storm and it just seems strange to have a warm, dry January).

* Still working on Chrysalis' wings. I'm approaching being finished with the first one....I admit I wondered vaguely at some point if she'd look too bad WITHOUT wings.

* For the past couple days, far fewer hives. I can't notice that I'm eating (or rather, not eating) anything that might be affecting that. The only big difference is being more careful to run the air filter over at work. (More and more, I wonder if this is mold-and-only-mold, after doing the whole "totally change laundry detergents and soaps and shampoos and deodorants" thing, after the "try avoiding tree nuts" thing....). Or maybe, dare I hope, they're going into remission? (About 20% of chronic-hive sufferers go into remission after five years, and we are coming up on five years I've been having them this year). Or maybe the vitamin D is finally having an effect. It's frustrating that I can't clearly link the hives to one specific thing so I could test them.

Celery might still affect them but I'm unwilling to attempt that. 

* Another win for the new workout program: I'm noticing my thighs are getting more toned. In the past, they seemed to be resistant to exercise. (And it's not a HUGE difference so far, but I do notice it, so it's a difference). I suppose it's all the "Sit down for me" moves he does, where you have to kind of squat down and let the big muscles of your legs support you while you're doing some other exercise. (The twist. Or "driving the bus." or the "hula hoop" move).

No, I don't anticipate wearing vastly shorter skirts than I normally do but I might pull the couple of shorter ones (top of the knee) I have out of the closet and wear them more often...

And at any rate: stronger muscles means better balance, less likelihood of falling, and better future health.

No comments: