Tuesday, December 02, 2014

The twelve days

The Twelve Days of Semester's End

On the first day of Semester's End, my student gave to me, One computer that 'won't turn on.'
On the second day of Semester's End, my students gave to me: Two people with an unprinted assignment
On the third day of Semester's End, my students gave to me: Three grandmothers in the hospital
On the fourth day of Semester's End, my students gave to me: Four teary break-ups
On the fifth day of Semester's End, my students gave to me: FIVE PAPERS NOOOOT TURNED INNNN!
On the sixth day of Semester's End, my students gave to me: six "but it's not up on Blackboard yet"'s
On the seventh day of Semester's End, my students gave to me: seven "Have you calculated our grades yet?"
On the eighth day of Semester's End, my students gave to me: eight people with mystery viruses
On the ninth day of Semester's End, my students gave to me: nine "When is our final again?"s
On the tenth day of Semester's End, my students gave to me: ten shufflings of papers ten minutes before class ends
On the eleventh day of Semester's End, my students gave to me: eleven "Is this going to be on the final"'s
On the twelfth day of Semester's End, my students gave to me: twelve people mysteriously absent

No comments: