Tuesday, December 02, 2014

A little knitting

These are the gift mitts:

ribbed fingerless mitts

They're knit of Paton's FX, which, as I've said before, is slightly thicker than a standard fingering weight. I'm hoping the ribby pattern (I made the medium size) will allow them to fit anyone who might get them.

I also have the small toy (we're asked to bring a less-than-$10 toy for a local toy drive). I got a small Disney Princess (Rapunzel, from one of the newer movies) thing.

I do still have to make my finger food. This year it's a bit trickier as I have GIS beforehand, so it can't be anything that needs to be heated up or have finishing touches placed on it. I found a recipe for what are called "cheddar pinwheels" (essentially, biscuits with cheese rolled up in the middle) in my big book of reprinted recipes and things from the old Farmer's Wife magazine, so I'm going to try doing those - I can bake them the night before or the afternoon of (before GIS) and they should be good at room temperature.

This is the first sock of the "Copper Penny Socks" that I finished. I'm slightly more than midway done with the leg-part on the second sock.

first copper penny sock

No comments: