Wednesday, December 03, 2014

A free evening

I achieved Grading Zero (well, for today: I give an exam tomorrow) mid-morning. And my students finished their presentations a bit early. So I am going to go home and relax tonight.

This seems appropriate:






I was thinking this morning about how ready I was to take a break, how, to considerably paraphrase Clark Griswald, have the hap, hap, happiest pre-Christmas since Burl Motherlovin' Ives sang Holly Jolly Christmas to an animated reindeer, and when exam week squeezes its bloated carapace onto the scene, it will find me the jolliest crafter this side of the Happy Acres glitter factory. Or something like that.

(I saw the unedited-for-tv version of that movie for the first time last year and was kind of startled at what was actually in there. I mean, some of the lines are funny but they're definitely Not Safe for Sunday School funny.)

No comments: