Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tuesday morning random

* I woke up about 2:30 this morning, and immediately the scumbag part of my brain went, "Wait! Isn't TODAY the Thanksgiving lunch in your department, for which you agreed to make sweet potatoes?"

The more-rational part of my brain went, "Shut up, scumbag, that's Thursday."

Scumbag: "No, no, I think it said the 18th and today is the 18th and you were just thinking that the 18th was Thursday. YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO GET UP NOW AND MAKE THEM NOW!!"

Rational: "No, I'm really really sure it is Thursday."

Scumbag: "I'm going to keep you awake worrying about this until you know for sure."

So, yeah. I got up and turned on my computer and found the e-mail. And it is the TWENTIETH. THURSDAY. Like the rational part of my brain thought.

That doesn't happen to me often but it's annoying when it does. I also had an instance Friday where I was afraid my Crofter's Cowl had fallen out of the car in the JoAnn's parking lot (because I couldn't see it in the car and suddenly became unsure of whether I took it off and left it at home before I left). So much so I drove BACK there before getting back on 75 to go home and drove around the lot. No sign of the cowl, so I planned that if I got home and it wasn't home, I'd call the store to see if anyone had brought it in for their lost and found.

Of course, what was sitting on my big chair, where I had taken it off, when I got home?

I hope this is just being stressed over the end of the semester coming and not some new increase in my tendency to get weirdly anxious about things that aren't such a big deal.(I could always MAKE another cowl if I lost this one; I might even be able to get the same yarn as I used).

* I didn't get up to work out after that because interrupted sleep at 2:30 am makes getting up 2 hours later unfavorable. I might do it this afternoon if I get home early enough.

* It seems hardly possible, but could just over a week of the "Dance X Fitness" workout be having an effect? I wore slacks both yesterday and today (because: cold) and both times I had to dig out a belt to wear with them, because they'd either gap more at the waist than I like, or they felt like they were sliding down my hips. Yesterday's pair I could chalk up to "cut-funny pair of corduroys I haven't worn in six months" but today's slacks are ones I last wore just a couple weeks ago. (Also: I need to get a new black belt. I'm having to wear a dark-brown braided one with these; my "old" black belts are either really old (and too short, still) or had a broken buckle. 

* I finished decorating last night. More on that later on.

* I'm still having a few tooth issues, I think related to sinus problems. Sometimes they get sensitive enough (all my front top teeth, so I don't think it's a cavity or anything) that biting down on anything is unappealing and especially hard crunchy stuff is unappealing. It makes eating more complicated, I've been doing a lot of soup and stuff like that. I would have hoped that with the hard freeze my allergies would be over, but I don't know. I hope this isn't the "new normal" for me. (I see those ads for dental implants and just cringe over the pain getting those done must involve, but honestly, if I have many more teeth fail like the one last summer? I may have to go down that road.). "Sensitive" toothpaste doesn't help; apparently it's the roots in the sinuses and not anything to do with the dentin and nerves.

* I wonder if a familial risk for osteoporosis (which I have) is also tied to tooth issues as you mature. My mom has ALWAYS had tooth issues; my grandma had false teeth the whole time I knew her. I wonder if there's some kind of faulty calcium-laying-down metabolic thing that affects both teeth and bones.

I really am not looking forward to having to have more dental work but it may be unavoidable, given my family history.

* The skiier issue may finally be fixed! My print shop here on campus agreed to take delivery of it for me in my absence, and so I called the place today. Was on hold FOREVER but it turns out the woman helping me walked down to the shipping department to talk directly with the guys during that time (or so I am told). The skiier is apparently "in process" of being shipped out....so, d'oh, it may yet come this week. (Oh well. If it comes Friday I can pick it up from Print Shop after class). I'm relieved that this is maybe finally fixed.

But I will say they could have kept me better updated by e-mail during this, instead of me having to call. 

No comments: