Saturday, October 04, 2014

Working up motivation

The one thing I NEED to get done this weekend is type up this exam for next week. I wrote it earlier this morning (and will type it, and then edit it Monday)

I also got my grocery shopping done, have plans to do some cooking this weekend:

* Some kind of salmon loaf/scalloped salmon thing. I'm riffing off a recipe for scalloped canned mackerel in one of my "economical cooking" cookbooks. But I think I'm going to use dried potato flakes instead of cracker crumbs and maybe boil up an egg and chop it up and add it in (the recipe for salmon patties I've used has a chopped boiled egg in it). And I'm going to season it differently than the mackerel would be seasoned.

* I'm not sure whether to make skillet macaroni and cheese again, or to do a pizza tomorrow. (Sigh. I eat so much cheese now. It's not funny. My blood cholesterol is still just fine, so I probably shouldn't worry. But the thing is - I can't usually get really good meat in town, but I can get decent cheese. And cheese is an easy source of protein. And cheese is what I gravitate to when I'm hungry but can't think of anything else I want to eat).

* It's probably time to bake bread again. I might go with potato bread this time (seeing as I will be opening the potato flakes for the salmon loaf). I might do a "big" batch (two loaves) and do one as fruity bread using the rest of my dry fruitcake mix stuff. And maybe even put some lemon peel (I think I have some) in it. And maybe make a little frosting to drizzle on the top. Very commonly my mom would make a sort of simple coffee cake when she made bread by either mixing in dried fruit or doing a rolled-up cinnamon loaf and then icing it when it came out of the oven.

I also need to clean house this weekend, either today or tomorrow.

So I need to get down to typing on this. Sigh. (I was up here until nearly 4 pm yesterday; almost none of the faculty stay that late on a Friday)

****

ETA: noon. Yay, exam is all typed! Now I can go home and fix lunch and decide to either clean (boo, but it needs to be done) or knit (yay).

There are so many projects I want to start. I decided to do the "second pair" of gift socks for my mom using the Jane Brocket cabled sock pattern that I knit once before for myself. And I have a bunch of my own projects going I want to work on, including the Hagrid sweater again, now that it's cool enough to actually contemplate wearing sweaters again.

No comments: