Sunday, October 26, 2014

First frog done

This was yesterday afternoon's work:

Flapjack Frog #1

The first of the Flapjack Frogs (pattern by Anna Hrachovec - it's from MochiMochiLand). Eventually there will be three of these, in different shades of green, plus a lily pad. It's part of my Christmas gift to my niece. I'm also going to see if there's a nice Dorling Kindersley or similar book about pond life; she seems pretty interested in that kind of stuff.

The only modification I made to the pattern was to embroider the eyes with perle cotton instead of using the lock-washer eyes, which are not 100% safe for small children, especially on knitted things.

I hope she likes them. I find the relative simplicity of the shape (and the expression) appealing, I hope she does too.

I also worked some on the quilt top in progress, I got a few blocks sewn:

blocks 2

blocks

Eventually these will be framed with two of the colors in the blocks (the pale turquoise and the coral) and there will be 35 of them. I'm already thinking if I have something in my stash that would work as a backing.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That is an adorable froggy!

Charlotte said...

What did you use to stuff the frog?