Friday, October 24, 2014

Back in groove

And suddenly, I start feeling like myself again.

My brain has clicked back into its usual mode of working; I keep coming up with clever things to say. I figured out a big thing that was hanging me (and a colleague also using it) up in using SPSS for data analysis. I got 40 minutes of piano practice in this morning (by virtue of getting up a bit earlier for the workout, and not having to pack a lunch today). And I got my two soil samples of the day taken care of already (because prep for my 9 am class was minimal - teaching the students the basics of using SPSS).

It's funny. I get those periods of not feeling like myself, and I don't really notice that that's the problem - I just feel kind of off and blah and maybe tired. And then something happens, maybe something finally stops flowering or maybe the Vitamin D finally kicks in or something, and my brain snaps back to where it's supposed to be.

This afternoon, depending on when roof guy finishes, I may go to Sherman for grocery shopping and to obtain a skein of cream colored inexpensive yarn (for the frog bellies). And this weekend, more soil stuff but also hopefully a lot of knitting.

(The fact that I have no grading hanging over my head right now may be part of this, but I don't think it's all of it)

Also, class this morning was good. (We're not supposed to have "favorite" classes, but of my regular classes this one is my favorite one to teach and I have a good group of people in it this semester, so.)

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

Glad you are you again. Then, who ARE we anyway? Aren't we each the one who's all those untidy things, with all those untidy thoughts and actions?