Thursday, July 10, 2014

Putting on makeup

Except, really not.

(I do want to give my gentle readers a warning: there are a couple of f-bombs in here*. Also I will issue a Vocal Fry Alert in case vocal fry really bugs you).



(*I tend to feel they're unnecessary where they're used, but whatever. Not my video.)


Two thoughts:

1. I am probably way more in touch with my emotional side than is good. (I wish I could be more stoic)

2. I wear way too much blush "kindness" on many days and I have had people take advantage of me for that.

3. The crack about "I'm going to give myself a little bit of a cat eye because I have four cats and if you see that and you like cats you are instantly my best friend" made me chuckle. (I admit, I kind of like the cat-eye look. It's probably not for me - I don't do eye make up - but on some women it looks really good.)

But I do think that's an interesting idea, of what we put on to face the day beyond our makeup. I've talked before about how certain pieces of clothing (or even jewelry) feel protective to me because I have good associations with them (a gift from someone I care about, for example) or because they just make me feel protected (a big boxy purple jacket I have). I do think sometimes I let myself go out into the world "too vulnerable" or "too WYSIWIG" and I'm not always good at letting that figurative knight's-helmet visor drop down to protect me from the slings and arrows of life.


ETA: I knew this video reminded me of a song. It won't let you embed (probably for copyright reasons), but it's here.

No comments: