Saturday, February 15, 2014

Two quick things:

1. At the "Majors Fair" this morning (departments come and set up and hand out information to the incoming students) I saw someone I know from another department. This was someone who lost her husband in the past year. (He was the amazing dean we used to have when I first came here. We were all sad to see him retire, and especially sad when he died).

She remarked: "I really hated Valentine's Day this year."

And I made a sympathetic noise, but I thought: "Wow, if I had felt bad this year about not having a special someone, that would have made me feel differently right quick."


2. On a happier note - this was seen in the Twitter stream and it really made me laugh (once I got it after the second or two it took):

"Lent must be a difficult time for Rick Astley"

Hahhahahahahaha. 

No comments: