Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Happy Christmas Eve

I am told, though I never experienced it myself, that many television stations in New York and New England would show video of a crackling fireplace on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.




(I wonder, as we move to more and more of a 24-hour, 365-day-a-year way of living, will those sweet little traditions - some of which were probably started as a way for the station to give most of their crews the day off - be lost and forgotten?

I also remember the weather forecasters doing "Santa tracking" using their radar. (Actually, I think some still do)

2 comments:

Kucki68 said...

Froehliche Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch!

CGHill said...

WPIX-TV (channel 11) in New York started it back in 1966, though it's usually only run four hours or so.

The Hub network is running a pony-themed Yule Log tomorrow morning.