Friday, July 26, 2013

escape velocity approaching

Well, surprise, surprise. ZERO grade-grubbing e-mails as of 9 this morning. (I must have got them all yesterday). Okay. I'm going to submit the grades and be done with it.

I also have that thesis to read, and I need to clean up my part of the shared lab. And I also have to go do the various pre-vacation duties: have mail held, get money from the bank.

And I have a quilt to pick up. I had dropped off the Mixtape Quilt back at the beginning of the summer. The quilter warned me that she had a big backlog and it might be eight to ten weeks. (Also, I think when there's an "I really need this quilted for a show/wedding gift/because the baby is due" request, the "I don't really care if it takes a while; it's a quilt of my own" requests get bumped back. But I GUESS that's okay.)

Anyway, when I went in the other day to buy the yarn for the "It's so fluffy...." unicorn amigurumi, the woman working there said, "Oh, your quilt is going to be quilted next." I told her I was going on vacation (I know, I know: but living in a small town has made me a bit more trusting. Also having cops as neighbors....) and that if I didn't come in right away, I'd get it when I got back.

Well, they called yesterday. It's done. I'm really happy about that - happy to get my quilt, happy that I won't have to leave it sitting at the shop. I might even have time to put a binding on it. (I'll have to figure out what to use. Probably a pink, I'll have to look at what I have in my stash.)

No comments: