Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekend in pictures

(I felt okay yesterday and in fact did a lot of work cutting out brush. Today my arm is even more sore where I got the shot and I'm running a slight fever. So here are some photos of stuff I have been working on):

I painted my nails for the first time this spring. (Revlon, color "Orchid"):

painted nails

I finished the first "sourball" sock (That's the name of the colorway) and started the second:

first sourball sock

I've been working on quilt blocks over the past few weeks, as I have time:

four more stars

I started the red and aqua quilt. So far I'm not sure I'm in love with the combination:

aqua and red quilt

I also hand-quilted a little bit:

quilting

And I worked on the current Pony:

DJ in progress

(Vinyl Scratch, also known as DJ PON-3. I guess the fanbase has kind of decided her actual name is Vinyl Scratch and DJ PON-3 is her DJ/stage name. It works for me. I'm going to do her eyes in magenta (that seems to be the consensus of what the color is) and make goggles on an elastic strap (I even bought black elastic so it would look cooler). In the cartoon, apparently her goggles stay on by unicorn magic but as I have no unicorn magic, I will have to have some kind of attachment, and I prefer the idea of them being removable).

And finally, something I bought at the Target, which amuses me greatly:

New Jersey Hello Kitty

Sanrio is doing an "America the Beautiful" line of Hello Kitty stuff (collector cards and minifigs). So there's HK in miner garb for Montana, and dressed as a peach for Georgia, that kind of thing.

Well, this one is New Jersey. On the card, it shows her on a boardwalk, carrying cotton candy, and wearing a pinstripe suit. (That has to tie with the Nevada one - dressed as a Las Vegas showgirl - for the funniest and most inappropriate HK costume). While mafia dons are never actually mentioned, that's what my mind first went to when I saw her. It makes me think of that meme with the baby in a pinstripe suit, and they have him captioned with the stereotypical mafia don lines from movies.

Heh. "Hello Kitty says that you're gonna sleep with the fishies."

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I like the red and aqua.