Monday, April 15, 2013

I give up

After a week plus of no comments, I'm going to assume that the word verification prevents people from wanting to comment. I'm keeping moderation on (I feel like I have to), but for now, verification is off.

Maybe what I need to do is only activate verification when I'm going to be away for a little while, so my inbox doesn't fill up with notifications for "comments" that are only from 'bots.

People ARE still reading, according to my stats, so I doubt it's that my being boring last week drove anyone away. (The second week of the month is often like that, where my life is not my own).

I woke up with another hive on my lip this morning. #$*&@%$ allergy season. There's nothing more I can do because I'm as medicined-up as I can be and still function, so I just have to live today feeling kind of like I had a small Novocaine shot in my lower lip. It doesn't look too swollen, at least that's a saving grace.

***

ETA: Well, I don't know. Now that the swelling has gone down a little I can feel a ridge of "sore," like I bit the inside of my lip. I suppose that could have happened in my sleep, or I could have done a sufficiently epic faceplant into the pillow when I turned over in the night (it has happened) that my lower teeth scratched the inside of the lip. (Or, that just the pressure against  my teeth did it; I sometimes get hives from pressure, like on my mousing wrist). And the hives on my right arm are now looking suspiciously like poison ivy rash - and I did cut some out of the garden this weekend, although I thought I took extra care not to come into contact with it. 

3 comments:

Bob & Phyllis said...

You are not boring, and I very much enjoy reading your blog. Unfortunately, I am not and have never been a chatty-cathy, so responding with casual chit-chat is very challenging to me.
I will try to be better about commenting; I can appreciate the feeling that no one is "listening" to you when you write.
8)
Phyllis

Joan said...

Yes, what Phyllis said. I would rather say nothing when I have nothing to say. :)

Lynn said...

I often feel guilty for not commenting much on other people's blogs because I crave more comments on mine but I can rarely think of anything to say other than something like "Nice" or "Interesting" or something like that.