Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Two Groening references

1. "Mmmmm....refrigerated air."

Yeah, all is pretty much forgiven. I got to piano lessons on time, the house is about 74 degrees, the humidity is a lot lower. (It's almost as much for cutting the humidity as cooling the air that I need AC. I can tolerate hotter temperatures if it's dry, but not if it's humid).

I know lots of people hate air conditioning, and that's fine, that's their prerogative, but for me, I love it, and willingly give up other things (both in terms to have the money to pay for electricity for it, and to reduce my resource use otherwise) so I can have it.

2. The Pony progresses. (I'm working on the ears right now. I don't think I will have the energy to try to do the face or maybe even the hair tonight). I got the horn done and on, and looked at it:

my name is little Bongo

And the first thing that popped into my head was, "My name is Little Bongo. I sing my little song-o...." (Good times, good times, that takes me back to undergrad).

1 comment:

purlewe said...

OH I love Groening. *sigh. I have a few still in a box somewhere that always made me happy. Those were great cartoons.