Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I am frustrated.

Apparently, "1 pm appointment" is like "The check is in the mail."

It is 3:30 local time. My house is just at 80 degrees inside. No sign of the guys. I've called twice, at the risk of becoming "that woman" (the one who nags) but dammit, I've waited 2 1/2 hours.

Supposedly I am "next" in line

Oh, he JUST now showed up. I'd be more irritated if my piano teacher didn't graciously agree to move my lesson from 4 to 5:30 (Dangit, she just called. It will have to be at 6 pm now.)

But, geez. What do you bet I don't get any discount for having had to wait so very long?

I hope he can fix it after all this; I can't afford a new system right now so I will be stuck either without AC or seeing if I can afford a window unit to make do.

This is the one thing I really dislike about being a homeowner; if something breaks it's on you to try to find someone to fix it, and then you have to wait on their schedule. (And I also hate this about being single; to get someone to wait at my house in my place is technically possible but is a big production.)

ETA: and I hate this about living in a small town; these ARE the "reliable" people. (Back in 2004, I had to fire a guy for consistently lying to me about what was wrong and running up big bills for multiple visits. These guys came out, diagnosed the problem correctly in 15 minutes, fixed it, and were done.)

I hate this partly because I pride myself on being on time for stuff, and not putting other people (like my piano teacher) out.

ETA: Oh, well. He got it done in super fast time. It was just a little low on coolant, as I expected, now it's good, he says. I'm gonna call my piano teacher - I still have time to get there - and see if I can reschedule for my normal time.

At least I will be able to sleep normally tonight without waking up in a pool of perspiration (And THAT is something I hate about being a 40-something woman.)

No comments: