Saturday, February 02, 2013

It's Saturday morning

I decided to go. I need to get out occasionally and do something that is fun. I don't have to leave here until shortly after 9 am as it's just under an hour to get there, and the shops don't open until 10 am.

I've also declared today's lunchtime a time of Not Worrying Too Much About My Diet. My blood pressure has been averaging between 120 to 130 for the systolic and between 70 and 75 for the diastolic, which is nearly normal - so I'm thinking one meal of not extreme restriction of sodium probably won't be such an issue. (I've noticed before, when I can't really limit sodium, like when I have to eat on Amtrak, it doesn't really adversely affect the bp). I probably won't go and get one of those "Churchillian" club sandwiches with bacon and ham and smoked turkey on it, but neither will I fret and worry and pick at a salad.

I also finished something last night. I had agreed to make a Pony for the daughter of a Ravelry friend - she just wanted a generic pony, not one of the show characters, but she said her daughter liked pink. So here is the pony:

anonymous pony

I decided to make her hair with a fringe so she wouldn't look TOO much like Pinkie Pie (also, I gave her green, rather than blue, eyes). I'm really happy with how she turned out - I took more time and care on the mane than I have on the ponies I made for myself and it came out really nicely. I'm happy this came out so well. (And as this is a toy for a little girl, I took extra care in sewing on the legs firmly and well, all of that). I guess the old "the cobbler's children have no shoes" is kind of in effect: I am greatly pleased when something I make for someone else turns out extra well; I am willing to put up with inconsistencies or imperfections better in something I've made for myself.

pony flank

And since this is just a generic pony, she got a fairly generic cutie mark.

No, I haven't named her. I leave that honor to her new friend. She's going to go out in the mail this morning, so hopefully my friend will have her early next week.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Good job on the pony. I'm sure her new owner will love her.