Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Rosedale is done

I finished it Sunday evening but just did not have the energy to photograph it before this afternoon. (I've found my energy levels fluctuate more widely on the beta blocker than they did before - a full day's teaching, especially with a lab, and I'm really wiped out)

But it is done, and here are pictures of it.

Obligatory bathroom-mirror knitter's shot:

rosedale mirror shot

(Gah, that's blurry. I'm going to have to quit doing that - my wrists aren't strong enough to hold up my big old camera without them shaking)

Better photograph:

rosedale

The front bands want steaming to be flat, and the collar probably does, too. It's also just a little big on me - I did the 46" size, thinking "coat sweater" but the way I am now, 46" is about the upper limit of being able to wear something without looking like I'm swimming in it.

I didn't put a zipper in it. I MIGHT consider some time lapping the front bands and using big snaps like I did on the Ropes and Picots sweater. Or I might see if I could find clasps - like on the Norwegian sweaters - that would look OK with this style.

Here's a side view:

rosedale side view

I had to brush my hair again before those photographs. We had a fairly big cold front come through and big storms this afternoon. I got home less than an hour before my piano lesson but decided to run back out after getting the mail and put the car in the garage for that short time, in case of hail. (We did get some, but not the "ping pong ball sized hail" the NWS was talking about).

A year or so ago there was a fad, in the Pony-art-fandom, for "wet maned ponies." (To me, I found it just ever so slightly skeevy; the idea was that it was a form of "fanservice" for those male fans who imagine the ponies not simply as cute and entertaining, but as something, ahem, more....)

I would not make a very good wet-mane pony:

wet hair

(And golly, what a difference it makes when I smile in a photograph....)

4 comments:

CGHill said...

Okay, the wet look is out for you. But you're far from disheveled.

Lynn said...

Very pretty sweater!

purlewe said...

the sweater is GORGEOUS! and I think the colors really suit you.

they seem to be a newer thing. but Jul Snaps are another way of closing a sweater. See one here: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEw12/KSPATTlessismore.php

their website isn't very helpful, except their store locator works well. http://juldesigns.com/

I've been wanting to get one myself. Perhaps I can bug my LYS to carrying a few.

L.L. said...

The colors on that sweater are amazing. Good to wear on a dreary winter day when you need some color.