So with the rest of my afternoon, I finished cutting a bunch of pieces for, and then laying out, a new quilt.
This was one of the hardest-won quilt layouts I can remember doing. See how it's all little "plus" signs? Because they "interlock" (that is, a fabric overlaps three rows) the positioning has to be extremely precise, and you have to lay out the entire quilt before you sew any of it.
In retrospect, not the best choice of an activity on an afternoon when I was already maxed out on frustration. I had to take the whole thing apart once because I messed up, and then I realized I had made it narrower than the pattern said and almost just said, "Forget it; the quilt will be narrower then" but I persisted and redid it AGAIN.
And yeah, looking at that photo, the color arrangement is not optimal (too much of the red clumped on the righthand side) but I don't CARE any more. I have the whole thing bundled up by rows and each row pinned together and marked for when I sew it up. (And I really hope that doesn't get messed up).
I'm not loving this quilt so much right now but that will probably change as I forget about the hours (yes, multiple) I had to spend crawling around on the floor with 6 1/2" and 2 1/2" pieces.