Friday, September 14, 2012

My juggling skills...

...let me show you them (As the lolcats say).

So, this week, I have
Given gen bio exam
Graded same
Given ecology exam
Graded same
Written and test-problem-checked biostats exam for Monday (including three different forms of the take-home with different data to try to discourage "collaboration")
Graded "positional papers" (this is the one where the "recycled" paper came in)
Graded a biostats homework
Graded ecology labs
Started the fieldwork with my research student
Had CWF, which included making a salad beforehand
Had Elders and Board Meeting
Had piano, allergy shot, the other regular weekly stuff...

And this afternoon, I cleaned my house (it's not PERFECT but it's a lot better. I think some of my anxiety about a messy house is I start thinking, "What if I fell on the stairs at school and broke my ankle, and someone would have to help me get into my house?" or "What if I got really seriously sick and someone from church had to come and bring me food and stuff?" I mean, I doubt they'd mind too much that my house was a pit - but **I'D** mind.)

I also cleaned up the nasty area near the dryer vent where ants got in earlier this month, wandered around for a while, died, and left their little ant corpses. I kept saying "I have to clean that up" but as I've never really heard of ant-borne diseases (like you hear about rodent-borne diseases), I had left it because it was in an inconvenient place to reach and it was kind of out of sight, out of mind. So I dragged out the vacuum cleaner (which I rarely use; my floors are all hard-surface and it's easier to sweep or use those electrostatic cloths) and vacuumed up all the ants and the dust that had accumulated there.

I do still have 20 minutes of piano to attend to, and right now I'm taking a break from writing my Sunday School lesson.

But I've decided I am taking tomorrow OFF. I will do piano practice, I will go to the grocery store - but other than that, I'm going to either knit or sew. I think I've earned it.

I'm also going to take a hot bath tonight with Epsom salts. Yesterday, during the hiking around over uneven ground for the fieldwork, on top of doing a regular workout - I seem to have pulled the gluteal muscles on either side. (Yes. Literal butthurt. But it's a lot easier to deal with my own literal butthurt than it is the figurative butthurt I get from other people sometimes....a couple of ibuprofen and using care when getting up and getting down while scrubbing takes care of it).

(And my brother did arrive safely, and apparently he and my sister-in-law successfully closed on their house. Now it will only come down to the movers getting there....the good news is they have one of those extended-stay hotel suites until the furniture is in and set up.)

1 comment:

Chris Laning said...

Go you!

I had to giggle aboutwhat you said about keeping the house clean at all times, because it sounds so much like the old line "My mother/aunt/grandmother told me to always wear clean underwear with no holes or runs, because what if you got in a car accident and you were taken to the hospital where they would SEE YOUR UNDERWEAR!!" (gasp of horror)

In reality, I doubt anyone would notice. ;)