My swap-box is now ready to be sent out when I get back from break. I finished the second of the tiny ponies I was making for my swap-partner:
Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. I think Pinkie was a bit more successful of the two, but it's hard to get the faces right, because they're so small and because they're bean-shaped - there's no snout there. (I originally tried adding nostrils but unpicked them (heh. picked. nostrils. I'm 12.) because they looked "wrong."
I used the Tiny Unicorn Pattern by Anna Hrachovec but I used worsted-weight rather than fingering. And I added ears (because I felt ears were necessary to the "expression" of these) by doing another short length of i-cord and pulling it through the head.
Fluttershy's wings are a modification of the wing pattern for the fairy (another pattern in the Tiny Fantasy set), just made a bit smaller (fewer rows).
The manes and tails are embroidery floss, all six strands used at once. For Pinkie's, I stitched over knitting needles of differing diameters and then took a "catch stitch" and slid the needles out, in order to get the curly loops. (For Fluttershy's, I just looped it around a finger.)
These don't take terribly long to do but are quite fiddly. I think I'm done with making these now; I prefer doing the "big" crocheted ponies, because they're big enough to get the faces "right" on.