Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting for winter

These are the most recently-finished socks:

Winter's Tale socks

The pattern used was the "Gentleman's Plain Winter Sock" (it doesn't take much in the way of resizing for them to fit a lady). And the yarn is Opal in the colorway called "Winter's Tale" (Wintermรคrchen). So of course, I had to use the yarn with the pattern. I like that kind of synchronicity, even if I'm the only one who ever knows it.

I didn't bother to make the socks match; it's a long color repeat and I was concerned that I might not have enough yarn. Besides, I think the really long-repeat sequences look "more okay" as mismatching socks than the small sequences do.

Of course, I can't actually wear wool socks again until it cools down....while it's not been terribly hot yet this week, they're predicting it will become so over the weekend. Though not until Sunday, so I am reconsidering the idea of a McKinney jaunt Saturday. I think the deciding point will be to see what kind of construction is on 69/75, especially in the vicinity of McKinney....because even Saturday traffic is not fun to deal with when there is bad construction. Because McKinney is not just quilt shops, there are also antique stores and a couple of kitchen/gourmet shops, and lots of other things....and this is a good Saturday to do it because I don't have too much stacked up for the coming week (I don't have piano this coming week; my teacher is at a conference).

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I agree; long sequence not matching socks look like they're not matching on purpose, while short ones can look like they're being fudged.

It's so good to hear you sounding like yourself again!

Rob Knits said...

Love those socks!