Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Making future plans

Yup, definitely feeling more like myself. I can tell because I'm making plans for future projects, future things to do, with more gusto than I have in recent weeks.

I DO think I will make that trip to McKinney this weekend....looked on the "main street" website for them, most of my favorite old places are still there. And it will be nice just to have a day out (and spend part of my tax refund. I decided that since I'm doing "okay" fiscally otherwise, that can be used as mad money to blow on fun things). When thinking about doing something like that elicits more excitement and thoughts of floating from store to store, finding fun or cute or nice stuff, and fewer thoughts of "wharrrrgarbllll, I have to drive A WHOLE HOUR just to get there" I know I'm feeling better.

I think I was suffering from Can't Be Bothered syndrome the end of the spring semester and perhaps the start of the summer. Part of it was situational (the Student from Heck - and yes, I think of him as being a subject of Phil, the ruler of Heck. I know most of the issues weren't his fault...but then again, how you respond to a situation? Kind of is your fault, and in some cases the person's responses were the big problem). But also I do think my allergies were just SO bad and I wasn't recognizing it. I feel right now kind of like I feel when it starts to get cool again in the fall - like the grey fuzz that grew over stuff during the summer has been scraped away and I can see clearly again.

I also find I am buying yarn again. Um, maybe that's not the greatest thing about bouncing back. (Though then again: it's within budget guidelines). I got a copy of the new Knitscene Accessories magazine, and while some of the patterns in there make my teeth hurt (mainly the colors they chose), there's a VERY pretty small shawl called The Putney Shawl (NB: Ravelry link, may not work if you're not a member). It's made with a Green Mountain Spinnery yarn, which was part of the attraction for me - I love being able to use new-to-me yarns, and I love natural-fiber yarns. Turns out you can buy the yarn from their website. So I now have a skein of it in "French Lavender" waiting for when I finish the Emily shawl I'm working on.

I also ordered some discounted KnitPicks yarn - a laceweight in their tonal color called "Golden Glow" (Hm, some of the KnitPicks color names sound like the names that could be given to Background Ponies). Because I'm having such success and happiness knitting on the Emily Shawl, and I love the color. Not sure what I will use it for but I know I have many, many laceweight shawl patterns. I did also order some of their angora blend for a winter scarf. I had been debating whether or not to for months, but now it's on sale and possibly discontinued....I'm thinking wee tiny cables for the scarf, maybe use the Toasty Twisty pattern that I made a scarf for my mom for at Christmas (And made a Red Scarf Project scarf of).

Probably part of my free time this evening should be spent winding off yarn in preparation for starting new stuff....

1 comment:

besshaile said...

Glad you're feeling better. looking forward to pictures. Have fun shopping.