Thursday, March 01, 2012

Happy Derpy Day

Today is supposedly Derpy Hooves Day. (Yes, another fake holiday, but one of which I approve).

The features of today are wearing grey, hand-delivering a letter to someone (somepony?), eating muffins, and making googly eyes in a mirror.

I also had an idea come to me yesterday:

Pageant Queen Derpy

Pageant Queen Derpy. (The sash says "Miss Understood," if you can't read it: inspired by the whole flap over her name/voice/eyes and the Misunderstood shirt that We Love Fine sells. (Which I have, and was wearing as pajamas until this cold hit and I'm having to sleep every night with a thick coat of vapo-rub on my chest: I didn't want to risk ruining the shirt so I changed it out for a very old one I don't care about)

Her tiara is a vintage rhinestone pendant of mine, turned upside down. And the bouquet is Re-Ment flowers with a bit of green tissue paper to look like a florist's wrap. (If only I could draw...I'd draw her in an evening gown, and she'd be EATING the bouquet. Because I think that's what a pony-pageant winner would do. Well, maybe not Rarity, if it were Rarity, but I could also see Pinkie Pie eating her bouquet if she won...)

This kind of thing amuses me far more than I think it should for someone of my alleged maturity and gravitas, but there you are.

***
I decided to take a sick day today; I'm feeling SOME better but I'm worn out from coughing and not sleeping well. Also, it's supposed to be 80 degrees here today which means at least one of the classrooms I would be in will be overheated, and I don't need that. (My lecture class, it won't be a big deal to miss one day, and in the lab, there's a capable TA and she already knows I may not be there).

1 comment:

L.L. said...

Get well soon!