Friday, August 19, 2011

I know, yes

I haven't talked as much about knitting or sewing on here as I did in earlier days.

Part of it is, I'm just busier. (Even with tenure. Even with being Full Professor...there seems to be more that needs to be done). Especially this fall, with prepping a new class that I've never taught before.

I do have various projects going on but none is in a near-finished state - the red scarf is growing, but slowly. (I did get to tell one person - one of the support-staff over at the nurse's office - about why I was making it, because she asked). I have, however, switched over to a quick small project...I'm participating in a swap (the send-out date is Sept. 1) and it seems like everyone else is talking about making stuff for their swapper (the original plan was "Spend $30 on a combination of yarn plus something from Etsy for the person"), so I figured I would, too. So that's what I'm working on right now.

I did finish the Miss Marple shawl over break, and now I realize I never took a finished photo of it. Maybe this weekend.

I want to start new stuff, but I also look at my pile of ongoing projects that are not getting finished...there just aren't enough hours in a day. I've probably lost a lot of my knitting audience anyway.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I have been in a starting things mood for a while now.

Chris Laning said...

Haven't lost me either ;)