Friday, April 22, 2011

A day off

I probably teach at one of the few "state" schools that actually gives Good Friday as a holiday. (I don't think my grad school did, and I am SURE University of Michigan did not, when I was there).

(My church tends more to have Maundy Thursday services - which they did last night. There is a Good Friday program for children - mainly aimed at introducing children without a real knowledge of the events to the history (in a child-appropriate way) this afternoon.)

I had thought of going in to clean my office but then decided I could do that tomorrow instead.

So far, today, I have

Gone grocery shopping
Done my piano practice
Done an hour's workout

and as soon as my body temperature drops back to normal after the workout, I'm going out to do yardwork. And then this afternoon, I'm going to try to finish the current quilt.

I did pull out a long-stalled project - the Lace Ribbon scarf I had been working on - and I've been picking away at it. One of the frustrating things about scarves (which Lydia alluded to on her blog a while back) is that it takes quite a while before they start to "look" like a scarf, where they get long enough that their proportions suggest a scarf rather than just sort of an overgrown swatch.

I'm also looking at my sock books and wanting to start something new. But not until I finish something at this point, I think.

No comments: