Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Changed my mind

So I went home. And I graded papers for a while. (Papers, they never end this time of year. These are the GIS project papers. At least with these, they are the "final" paper and the next time the class meets is the 30th, so I feel like I can do a few each day - which is good, as they're long papers and I have to go through them fairly carefully).

After grading papers for a couple hours, I made the pancakes. And that's when I changed my mind. Probably it was the result of having spent a fair amount of time grading, but the idea of recreating the "bunny shot" was too irresistible.

pancakehead

YOUR ARGUMENT IS IRRELEVANT; I HAVE A PANCAKE ON MY HEAD.

Or, in French: DESOLÉE MAIS JE NE PEUT PAS VOUS AIDER. DONC JE SUIS ICI AVEC UN PANCAKE SUR MA TÊTE.

(PANCAKE is French? That's what the bunny had. I think I would have been more likely to say "crêpe," but the pumpkin pancakes are far too thick and have too much floury to be true crêpes.)

I tried to capture a similar expression to what the bunny in the famous photo had, but it's hard when you have your eyes in the typical "predator position" (front of the head, for binocular vision) rather than the typical "prey position" (sides of the head, for 180 degree vision).

And yeah, I know: it may be inadvisable for someone up for promotion to post a photograph of herself with a pancake on her head online. But, I have none of the vices people typically get busted for posting pictures of themselves indulging in.

(Isn't there the saying, "Beware the man with no vices"? While I don't claim to have no vices, mine are fairly innocuous. Or so I think)

And at any rate: "A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men."

(Oh, I wonder if with the holidays rolling around they'll start showing that movie more regularly again. While it's not in my top-ten favorites EVER, I certainly enjoy it and look forward to watching it.)

2 comments:

CGHill said...

That picture is just totally adorable.

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome. You made my night!
--Aven