Thursday, May 06, 2010

I got the remaining rows of the "Dozen Roses" quilt sewn together and put on, but I didn't get the borders on it yet. I also laid out and planned the rows for that turquoise "Flower Show" quilt and I'm considering - since I have a shorter day today - going to the quilt shop and getting the white fabric for the wide sashing (Yes, I decided on white. I think it's the color that will go the best.)

****

I also need to get some new sashing material for the Mixtape Quilt (I've had the fat quarters for this in my stash for over a year) because I realize I didn't buy enough. Oops. Well, the upside is the yellow sashing I didn't buy enough of will work for another quilt.

I think I am going to try to "cut ahead" the pieces for quilts when I am in the mood to do cutting - it is nice to have the pieces all ready to go when I feel like sewing.

****

My "unavoidably delayed" book from Amazon? Showed up yesterday. One day after the "promised" time. Seriously, they didn't even need to notify me if the delay was going to be that small. I hope that means life is starting to get back to normal for people in and around Nashville.

I can see that it's a considerably revised version of the book I used at Michigan circa 1990: it's about twice as thick.

****

A terribly fun and cute little time-suck game (link courtesy of someone on Ravelry): Sushi Cat (requires Flash to play). Can you fill the cat up with sushi to make him heavy enough to trigger the pressure-panels to open the sliding door so he can be with his love?

I like a video game that tells you you "cleared" a level with the message "Full Belly Achieved."

****

I'm still thinking about the weekend. There really aren't a lot of "fun" places close by that I haven't found yet. Though there is Davis...which has some antique shops...and is closer than McKinney (and has less horrific traffic). And I think there's a good restaurant near there. And of course, it's close to Chickasaw National Recreation Area. And if I felt like going a bit further north, there's a chocolate factory, though I'd have to check to see if they did tours or anything, I think they just have their retail shop.


I'll have to think more about that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been addicted to Sushi Cat too. There is something calming about the way he bounces around like a bubble.