Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Finally.

Yesterday afternoon was the first time since I came down with this stupid virus that I started to feel kind of OK again. I hadn't realized how tired, and easily-overwhelmed, and moody it had made me until I stopped feeling that way. I think my energy level is finally getting back to where I expect it to be.

I managed to do about half of the normal work-out this morning. I could have done more, but in the past, when I've worked out too hard right after being sick, I've wound up giving myself an ocular migraine, which I really don't want to have to deal with during teaching today. Especially not since lab this afternoon is going to be the soil "critters" lab, and I usually wind up having to look through the microscope to help students identify things.

I also finally got the balance ball filled up with air to the right point - yesterday afternoon I took it back out to my car (that's where I keep the air compressor; it's one that plugs into the car's cigarette lighter) and blew it up until I could just barely dent it with my thumb. So now it's tall enough and it's not too squishy.

(The little air-compressor set up has been very useful: on the set of tires I had before this set, there was one that had kind of a slow leak and I managed to limp along for a while by just periodically reinflating the tire. And I've used it at Youth Group when the basketball got deflated. You're really a hero to teenage boys if you can fix a basketball that has gone flat. I actually have quite a tool box in the back of my car now: the air compressor, a toolkit of stuff including wrenches, bottles of water, lots of maps...)

I will say it's mildly amusing to me that I finally got feeling better almost in time for Spring Break. (At least I won't have to travel while sick, which is a good thing).

No comments: