Sunday, October 04, 2009

It was a pretty peaceful weekend. That's necessary once in a while. I didn't do a whole lot; I read some journal articles and made another batch of that stirfry I blogged about a month or more ago and cleaned house a little.

And knitted.

Here are a couple of in-progress shots.

First off, what I referred to as the "roller derby" socks the other day. The colors (especially the greens) are brighter in real life than they look in the photograph (at least on my monitor and the little screen on the camera). I'm not sure why the socks make me think of roller derby, other than maybe the acid green - grey combination and the wide, 1970s-esque striping.

Roller Derby socks

I kind of like the colors, even if they're a bit odd.

I also did quite a bit of work on Thermal. This one progresses slowly (sockweight yarn knit on size 3 needles) but it's a fun and easily remembered pattern - and you can pick it up and put it down, you don't need to finish an entire round at a go - so that makes it more enjoyable to work on.

Thermal start

The color is more of a true purple than shows up here - this looks more bluish (again, at least on my monitor).

2 comments:

besshaile said...

oooo I love both your projects (I found it surprising how a large project in size 3's can be a pleasure, not a terror) but I also love the autumn leafy fabric that sock is lying on.

Lynn said...

I like both of those. The second one looks very purple on my monitor.