Friday, February 27, 2009

Thanks for the well wishes (and Charlotte and Karin, thanks for the e-cards).

I do think my being-a-little-weirded-out over 40 is explainable by what I said yesterday: I'm surprised that I've been here this long. It does not seem that long.

It's not "Oh noes I'm OLD!" or anything like that - more of a "Huh? How did that happen?"

(So far no one at work has done anything. One person - who I think turned 40 last year - got his baby pictures plastered all over the department for the day. Then again, he had a wife who colluded with one of the people in my department to do it. I doubt my parents would surrender copies of my baby pictures, knowing as they do that I hate that kind of thing.)

I've decided to shorten my research work a bit for the day, go home early (well, I have to bake cookies for a reception Sunday and as they are a dough that needs to be shaped and frozen first, I want to do that). I feel like an afternoon off (and a day off tomorrow) are due.

2 comments:

Sya said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day off, even if no one in your department noticed. It could be worse (mine always falls during midterms).

Big Alice said...

Happy birthday!