Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oh, my goodness:

what a lovely quilt!

I tend to be drawn to quilts like that - very simple geometric designs but great use of color. I can see that quilt being a really wonderful thing to have on a grey winter day.

One thing I want to do - when I've worked my fabric stash down some - is just go to a shop where they have a lot of different solid colored fabric and just buy 1/2 yards of all the colors I like that go together, and do a simple quilt with rectangles or triangles or something of all the different colors.

(Her current project is great, too. Love the pink. I keep thinking I should do some kind of a "monochromatic" quilt where I pull out all the fabrics with one color dominating and make some kind of big scrappy quilt out of them. Maybe green; I have a lot of greens.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that link. I think I'm gonna add that blog to my list.

I have trouble finding the right solid colors. Hancock Fabrics in Tulsa has a pretty good selection. (Or they did have. It's been a long time since I've been there.) But when I have an exact color in mind I can never find that exact color.